If you have recently found that your Wyze Cam Not Recording Events then it may be because of reasons like Motion detection settings are not activated, Low motion detection sensitivity, Wrong camera placement, and Firmware glitch.
The good news is, you don’t have to be worried because we are going to tell you about how to tackle this issue. Security cameras help us a lot in a number of ways but there comes the time when they stop working because of one or other reasons.
It is a must that you should know about the troubleshooting steps if your Wyze Cam Not Detecting Person.
If you need any help regarding Wyze cameras then dial this toll-free number now. In a short period of time, our technicians will fix the issue.
Why Is My Wyze Cam Not Recording Events?
If your Wyze Cam Not Connecting to a Local Network then a number of reasons could be responsible for the same. It may be possible that the base station is placed far from the router, the internet has stopped working, motion detection settings are not activated yet, wrong camera placement, low motion detection sensitivity, or the firmware has stopped working.
No matter what is the main cause behind the Wyze Cam Not Recording issue, we are going to tell you some of the best troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
Fix Wyze Cam Not Working Issue
If you are asking for “Why Won’t My Wyze Camera Connect” then here are the steps to make your security camera start working again.
- Move Base Station Close To The Router
- Restart The Security Camera
- Check The Motion Detection Settings
- Set Motion Detection To High
- Wrong Wyze Camera Placement
- Fix Firmware Related Glitches
Are you facing any kind of problem while fixing the “Wyze Cam Not Detecting Person” issue? If yes, dial the given Wyze Cam Phone Number now.
1. Move Base Station Close To The Router
You may have placed the base station from the router. This is the reason why Wyze Cam Won’t Connect to the internet and not record any events.
Try to fix the issue by minimizing the distance between the base station and the wifi device. After doing this, do check if the issue gets fixed or not.
2. Restart Wyze Security Camera
From old times, it was believed that restarting is one of the best ways if your Wyze Cam Not Recording Events. Hence, restart the security camera with the help of the steps given below.
- Remove the power plug from the wall outlet.
- Remove all the cables from the Wyze security camera.
- Wait for a while and then reconnect the cables again.
- Turn ON the Wyze security camera again and check if it has started recording again or not.
3. Check the Motion Detection Settings
It is necessary to activate the motion detection setting if your Wyze Cam Says Cannot Connect to Local Network. You may have forgotten to activate it while doing the Wyze Setup. Hence, follow the steps given below to activate the motion-detecting settings:
- First, you would need to download the Wyze camera application on your smartphone. The application can be easily downloaded from the play store or app store.
- Once the dashboard will be opened, click on the Settings icon given in the top-right corner.
- Under the option of “Settings,” you would need to go to the “Event Recording”. From here, activate the motion and the sound detection.
Once the motion and the sound detection will be activated, your security camera will start recording. Check if the issue gets resolved or still the Wyze Cam Not Recording Events.
4. Set The Motion Detection To High
It may be possible that you have set up the event recording but still, Wyze Cam Not Working. In this scenario, you would have to set the motion detection to high.
Mostly, the Wyze camera stopped recording because of low motion detection settings. In this case, the security camera dismisses the detected movements.
To adjust the motion sensitivity settings, do follow the below-given steps:
- First, you would need to download the Wyze camera application on your smartphone.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “detections settings” and then adjust the slide.
We would like to suggest you set the slide at a medium level for the perfect recording. To clear any doubt, dial the given Helpline Number for the Wyze security camera now.
5. Wrong Placement of Wyze Security Camera
This is one of the most common reasons why your Wyze Cam Not Recording Events. You may have placed the security camera in the wrong place.
If you want to record perfect events in your Wyze security camera then it should be placed somewhere sound and motion originates from. Hence, placing the security camera somewhere, from its view will not be blocked.
Another condition why Wyze Cam Not Detecting a Person is because the movement is too far from the camera. Hence, the sensors are not able to pick up the motion.
Hence, it is very necessary to install the security camera in a convenient location from where it can record everything properly.
Apart from this, it is also necessary to adjust the detection zone settings on the Wyze camera application. To do so, open the “Settings”>” Detection Settings”>Detection Zone”.
6. Fix Firmware Related Glitches
A firmware-related glitch is another possible reason why your Wyze Cam Keeps Saying Ready to Connect. It may be possible that your firmware is outdated now and needs to be updated with the latest version.
To update the firmware, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the Wyze camera application and then tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Go to “Device Info” and then select the option of “Firmware Version”.
The app will help to check the new firmware update. If there is any update available then download it and then install the file to fix the issue.
Note: It may be possible that you may also face the same issue even after updating the firmware. In this case, you will have to uninstall the application and then install it again.
In this guide, we have discussed how to fix when Wyze Cam Not Recording Events. We have told you all the steps to resolve the issue. It may be possible that you have placed the camera in the wrong place or motion detection settings are wrong. Even after following this troubleshooting guide if you are still facing the same issue then dial the Wyze Customer Service Phone Number now. Our experts will resolve the issue in a very short period of time.