Even after trying many times, if your Wyze Cam Not Connecting to the network then this guide is for you. We have researched and found that the major issue behind the Wyze camera connection failed is, you are not connecting to 2.4Ghz.
You don’t have to worry about anything as we have found all the methods required to resolve this issue.
If you don’t want to troubleshoot the connectivity issue by your end then dial the given Phone Number for Wyze Cam.
Troubleshooting Steps For Wyze Cam Not Connecting
The very first thing that you have to do is to check if you are on the 2.4Ghz network or not. To check, follow the steps that have been given below.
For ios users
First, go to the settings and then select wifi to check the name of your network
For android users
Open the settings and choose “wifi and wireless networks”. From the list, choose your network type
Now, follow the steps to connect with the 2.4Ghz network,
1. When you see only one network
When you will click on the list of networks and see only one network that only belongs to you. That network will be only 2.4Ghz and will be compatible with Wyze Cam.
2. When you see two or more network
When you see two or more networks which only belong to you then there are the chances that you are having a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz dual-band router. If that is the case, then go to the wireless setting page from your smartphone and check the name of the network that belongs to you.
- You might find a 2.4Ghz network that it has appended of 24G, 2.4, or 24 to the end of the network.
- If you are connected with the 5Ghz network then you will see “5G,” “5g,” 5GHz,” or “5” appended at the end of the network name.
- We would like to suggest you, connect with the 2.4Ghz band at the time you set up with Wyze product
- Sometimes, you may confuse the name of the network. In this case, you can check the name of the network under the setting of the router. If you want then change the name according to you by contacting your ISP
- This is how you can easily troubleshoot the issue of Wyze cam not connecting to the network
Still, Wyze Cam Won’t Connect? Try these steps
If you have tried all the steps that we have given above and still facing the issue of Wyze Cam not connecting then try the methods given below
- Make sure that you are connected with the right network
- Check if you have entered the right password or not
- Check if you have left any space in your space password like “nexnick kk” or “nexnickkk”
- Ensure if you have included any special character in your password and you have not entered them now
- There are chances that you have placed the camera too far from the wifi. Hence, Wyze Cam Stopped Working. So, always placed the camera within the connectivity range
- If nothing works out in your favor then try to restart the wifi router. To do so, you just have to disconnect all the cables from the router and connect them again after some time
- If you have tried everything and nothing works out then try force closing the app.
To force close the app try the methods that we have provided below.
How To Force Close Any App On iPhone?
- If you are having an iPad with iOS 12 or later iPhone X or later, or, iPadOS then slide from the bottom of the screen to the top and stop in the middle. In case, you are having iPhone 8 or previous model then double click the middle button
- When you will follow the steps that have been given above, you will see the app that you had opened before.
- Swipe right or left to close them
Let us tell you one thing that the app that has opened is not open but in standby mode. Hence, we would like to suggest you to force close the app when it is unresponsive.
With the help of this, you can easily resolve the issue of Wyze Cam Not Connecting to the network
How To Force Close Any App On Android?
To force stop the app you can go to the setting option. Open the app and from the options choose “force stop”.
To resolve the app-related issues you can also restart the device and or else update the app. Many times an outdated app also starts creating the issues.
How to Connect Wyze Cam to New WiFi?
We have that all the steps that we have to provide you above are rough to resolve Wyze Cam Connection Failed issue.
Now, we are moving to find the easy ways for How to connect Wyze Cam to the new wifi
1. Download the app
Open the play store and then download the app for your Wyze camera to your smartphone. You should know the password of your wifi. Also, create the account on the app if you haven’t created any.
2. Unpack the camera
Unpack the camera and then plug it into the power source. Make sure that you have properly connected the camera with the power outlet.
When the camera is connected to the power outlet, you will see a yellow flashing light.
3. Press the button
Now, you have to press the setup button which you can find easily on the Wyze cam. Press the button until you will not hear the voice prompt
When you will open the Wyze app, you will get the instructions to complete Wyze Cam Web Login.
and this is how you can easily complete Wyze Camera Setup
- The solid yellow light on the camera means that the device is in setup mode
- The flashing blue light means that the device is now connected and the setup has been completed
- The yellow flashing light simply means that the device is ready to connect
- When you will see the solid blue light, it means that now the device is working properly
- Flashing of yellow and blue light means that your device connection is in process
How to fix Wyze camera Not Responding to Alexa?
If the Alexa device is not connecting with the Wyze camera then follow the steps that have been given below:
- The very first thing that you have to check is the compatibility of the device. You should have Wyze Cam v2 or Wyze Cam Pan as Wyze cam is not compatible with the camera.
- The Amazon Echo device that you are using right now should support your camera. It should be the Amazon Echo Show, the Echo Spot, and Fire tablets, and Fire TV.
- The Wyze camera should be updated to its latest firmware. If not, then update the camera now
- Check the firmware of the Echo device too. Update it if found outdated
- In addition to that, check if you have authorized the right Wyze account to the Echo device account
- Make the Wyze skill enable and then disable
- Check the wifi connection. Many times it happens that router stop working fine and end up showing the Wyze Cam Not Connecting to the internet
- If you have some other issues with your Echo device then let us know via a given toll-free number.
Call Us Now!!!
In this guide, we have told you each and everything that is necessary to troubleshoot why Wyze cam not connecting to the network.
We hope that you have troubleshot the issue by yourself.
In case, you have still dealt with any concern then call on the given phone number. We have a team of dedicated technicians who will resolve any Wyze cam related issue in seconds.