Ohh!!! So your Wyze Cam Connection Failed again and again even after trying for hours. Ahh! That’s really so irritating and anyone can get frustrated due to this issue of cameras.
Let us tell you, the camera is a very sensitive electronic gadget and that is why we have to be very careful while using them. Their placement, connection between the router and the camera, distance, and nearby items are some of the main factors upon which the working of the camera depends upon.
We want you to feel bored, let’s come to the topic. In this guide, we are going to tell you all the necessary steps that are required to fix why your Wyze Cam Not Connecting.
Are you ready?
What To Do When Wyze Cam Connection Failed?
As soon as you will find that your camera is not connecting with the network. Make sure that you have connected the camera with a network of 2.4Ghz. Many wifi routers, especially today, come with both 2.4 and 5 GHz.
To check if you are connected with a 2.4GHz network or not, try the steps that have been given below.
For ios users
Open the settings and then go to the “wifi”. From there you can easily check if you are connected with a 2.4 GHz network or not.
For Android Users
Open the settings and then select “wifi and wireless networks”. From the list, choose the network that belongs to you
After following the points that have been provided above, continue with the steps given below:
- If you will see only one network, that network should be of 2.4 GHz
- Your network should be compatible with the Wyze cameras
- In case you will see two networks, you will see “24G,” “2.4,” or “24” for 2.4GHZ, and for 5GHz you will see “5G,” “5g,” 5GHz,” or “5”
- In some cases, you will find that the name of 2.4 GHz networks and 5GHz networks is the same. Hence, you have to check the name at the back of the router
Still, Your Wyze Cam Stopped Working, Try the Steps Given Below
If you have tried all the steps given above and still your Wyze Cam Connection Failed, have a look below:
Check The Wifi Password
When you will find that your wifi connection is not working, the very first thing that you need to check is the wifi password. Make sure that you are connected with the right network and you have entered the right password.
Yes, many times we entered the wrong password or sometimes changed the password due to which we have to face Wyze Cam Web Login issues.
Sometimes, we don’t leave any space in our password, or sometimes we forget to enter the special characters due to which our camera does not connect with the internet.
Restart The Camera
Sometimes, you don’t need to pay a lot of effort to fix technical glitches or a simple restart is enough. So, first, you have to unplug the camera, remove every cable if there is one which is inserted. Wait for 30 seconds and turn On the camera again.
Doing this will help you to fix the Wyze Cam Connection Failed Issue.
Restart The Router
Even after restarting the camera if you are still facing the error, restart your router too. To restart the router, you just have to remove all the cables from the router and turn it Off. wait for some time, and then reinsert all the cables. Turn On the router and now try to connect it with the Wyze camera.
Distance b/w the Camera And Router
If you have tried all the methods and are still facing the issue then make sure that the camera is placed in between the connectivity range. Placing the camera too far from the router will lead you to face the troubles like Wyze Cam Connection Failed.
Why Is Wyze Camera Not Responding to Alexa?
Sometimes, the Wyze cam users complain that their camera is not responding to Alexa. If you are also the one who is dealing with the same issue, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that you are calling your camera with the correct name as you have entered in the Alexa.
- Check if you have connected the Wyze camera with the internet or not.
- In case you have changed the Wyze account password, open the Alexa app and enable the Wyze skill from there
- Make sure that you have turned on the Wyze camera before you are giving any commands to Alexa
- Check again if you have connected the camera with the Alexa app or not
How Do I Reset My Wyze Camera?
To factory reset your Wyze camera, you have to follow the steps that have been given below:
- If you have inserted any micro SD card, remove it now
- Plug the Wyze camera into the power and then press and hold the setup button for at least 30 seconds. This will help to reset the camera easily
- Now, you have to wait for some time until the camera will be reset completely
- The LED status on the CCTV camera will be changed from solid yellow to blink yellow
- You can now set up the device easily again
In a nutshell, it can be said you may find it sometimes hard to use the Wyze cameras. In this guide, we have told you how you can easily fix Wyze Cam Connection Failed. All the methods that are given are properly tested. We are sure that if you will apply the steps properly, you can easily fix the trouble.
All the connection-related issues completely depend on the router and the wifi distance. Hence, you should update the router and place the camera within the connectivity range. Doing this can easily fix the issue of yours. Also, try to restart all the devices.