Wonder why are your Vivint Camera Not Recording Events? If your Vivint Camera Stopped Recording, check your internet connection, power outages, and batteries.
In the same way, the security cameras protect us, it’s our responsibility to see if they are working properly or not. This is the guide that will help you to troubleshoot the issue successfully.
Why Do the Vivint Camera Not Recording Events?
If your Vivint Doorbell Camera Not Working and stopped recording, here are the possible reasons for the same:
- Low motion sensitivity on Vivint security camera.
- Vivint camera has lost connectivity with the control panel.
- Vivint camera is out of power
- Slow internet connection
Let’s have a look at how to fix it when Vivint Camera Stopped Recording.
My Vivint Camera Stopped Working, How To Fix It?
If your Vivint Camera Not Recording Events, adjust the motion sensitivity settings, reboot the Vivint Skycontrol panel, power recycle the security camera, replace the batteries, and reset the wifi router.
Let’s understand the troubleshooting procedure in a detailed manner.
1. Adjust the Motion Sensitivity Setting
Low motion sensitivity could be the reason why your Vivint Doorbell Camera Not Working. If you set the motion sensitivity to low, your camera will only record the movements like running or jumping.
Hence, you have to set the settings accordingly so that your device can record each and every movement.
Here are the steps to set the motion settings of your camera:
- Enter the pin and disarm the Vivint Control panel.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Camera” icon.
- Select the camera that you would like to adjust.
- At the upper right corner of the screen, tap on the “Settings” and enter the pin into your Vivint Control Panel.
- Go to the option of “Detection Settings” and tap on it.
- You will now see the motion box that will show you the area Vivint’s camera is covering.
- You simply need to move the motion box to the area that you want to be detected by the Vivint camera. Example: If the motion detection area is the front door, you can shrink or increase the size according to the requirement.
- Scroll down and adjust the Object Size and motion sensitivity.
If you set the motion sensitivity to low, the Vivint camera will not be able to record any normal movement of any object. On the other hand, if you set the motion sensitivity to high, it will record even a single movement.
2. Reboot Vivint SkyControl Panel
If your Vivint Camera Not Recording Events, make sure it is properly connected to the control panel. Reboot the Vivint SkyControl Panel so as to refresh the connection between the Vivint camera and the control panel.
To reboot the panel, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the SkyControl Panel.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Tap on “Devices” and enter the PIN so as to get access to the “Device” menu.
- Open the Menu and click on “Displays”.
- Tap on “Reboot” and confirm your action.
Once the panel will be reset completely, turn ON the camera and see if the issue gets fixed or not.
3. Power Recycle Vivint Doorbell Camera
If you have tried but still have Vivint Camera Not Picking Up Motion, power recycles the device. Here are the steps to do so:
- Press and hold the power button given at the top of the Vivint Camera. Don’t release the button until the light does not turn to Red in color.
- Once the LED light turns green, remove the button from the camera.
The reboot process has been completed now.
4. Replace Batteries & Wires
Damaged camera batteries could be responsible for your Vivint Camera Not Recording Events. Make sure your device has been connected to a good power source. Without a continuous power source, your security will not record any event.
5. Reset the Wifi Router
Make sure that your device has been connected to the internet connection. Without a good speed internet connection, your Vivint Camera Keeps Going Offline.
In this case, you can try to reset the wifi router. Resetting the router may fix the internet-related glitch.
Note: Do not reset the router if your internet is working properly.
This is how to troubleshoot when Vivint Camera Not Recording Events. In this guide, we have told you all the steps to fix the issue. If you want to know more, dial the Vivint Customer Service Phone Number.