If you have found that Blink Camera Not Recording Motion, there are a number of ways to fix the issue. A security device like a Blink camera has its own separate motion. You need to enable it if you want the device to record.
If your Blink camera has stopped working, there are the chances that you have turned off the motion detection from settings.
Your Blink camera will not record even a single motion because you have disabled the motion-detecting settings. Also, a camera with disconnected wifi will also stop it to record any motion.
If you want to get rid of the issue, just keep reading the guide to fix it yourself. To know more, get in touch with our experts today.
Why Blink Camera Not Recording Motion?
A number of factors could be responsible for why Blink Camera Not Picking up motion. Here are all the possible causes:
1. Motion Detection Is Disabled
Open the settings of the Blink camera and check if the motion detection setting is not disabled.
2. Faulty Camera Batteries
Either the batteries of the camera get discharged or you need to replace them with the new ones.
3. Blink System Is Not Armed
Make sure you armed your system for intruders by opening the Blink camera app and activating motion detection.
4. Weak Internet Connection
Your camera might work fine but it’s the internet that stopped the device to save the videos
How To Fix When Blink Camera Not Recording Motion?
We are going to arrange all the Blink camera troubleshooting steps. Follow each one of them to fix the error.
1. Enable the Motion Detection
Make sure you have enabled the motion detection setting. If you do that, your camera will not detect any kind of motion.
Follow the below-given steps to turn ON the motion detection:
- Open the Blink app on your smartphone.
- Press the “Arm System” button given at the bottom right corner.
- Wait until the application will not arm the system successfully.
Once the process is completed, the motion detection on the device will be turned ON automatically.
2. Disable Energy Saving Feature
You may have enabled any energy-saving feature in the app that is stopping the device to record any sort of motion.
To fix the error of “Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion”, disable the mode now. So, open the “Blink app” and go to the “Settings” now. Select “Power” followed by “Energy/Battery Saving” and turn it OFF.
3. Change Motion Sensitivity
You may have set the motion detection settings to low and this is the reason why Blink Outdoor Camera Not Detecting Motion. In order to adjust the motion sensitivity, follow the steps:
- Go to the Blink Home screen, and open the “Settings” by clicking on the “Settings Slider”.
- Select the camera you want to adjust.
- Scroll down to the option of “Sensitivity”.
- Put the sensitivity setting in the middle of the slider.
We would like to recommend you put the sensitivity setting somewhere between 30 and 90.
4. Replace the Batteries Of the Blink Camera
The batteries of the device could be one of the main reasons behind the error. Hence, check the batteries of the camera and replace them with the new ones if found damaged.
Here are the steps to replace the better of the Blink camera:
- Remove the camera from the wall first.
- Remove the back compartment and expose the batteries from there.
- Replace the batteries with the new ones. Make sure you are installing the ones that are supported by the Blink camera.
- Install the camera back to its place.
5. Reset Blink Security Camera
If you have tried all the solutions mentioned above but still your Blink Camera Not Recording Clips, reset it. Resetting the device may help you to resolve the issue.
Let us tell you that resetting the device will erase all the information and fix any bugs or errors. Follow the given steps to reset Blink camera:
- Go to your Blink Sync module and press the reset button given on its side.
- Hold the button for 15 seconds and then let it go.
- The device will be reset successfully.
Resetting the device will fix all sorts of connection issues. Hence, if your Blink camera is offline, it will be fixed with a quick resetting process.
We have told you why your Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion. We have provided all the steps and we hope that might help you to fix it.
Even after following the issue, if you need some more help, get in touch with our experts today. Get in touch with our team of experts today!