Without any doubt, Blink security cameras are one of the best security cameras today. But, there are many users who complained that their Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion. To fix this problem, we first have to find the main reason.
Behind this Blink camera detection error, there could be a number of possible reasons. Whenever any issue with the Blink camera occurs, you will see the message “camera busy” or thumbnail failed”.
In this guide, we are going to tell you all the methods needed to fix why your Blink camera is not currently working.
You can also take the help of our technicians who have been working with us for many years. They can fix any issue in a short period of time.
Reasons: Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion
Some of the main reasons why your Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion are mentioned below:
- Blink Camera Motion Is Disabled
- An Unforeseeable Error Is Lurking In Your System
- Incorrect Sensitivity Settings
- Cables Are Not Connected Accurately
- Blink camera Is Not Synced With The Base Station
- Faulty SD Card
How To Fix When My Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion?
If you are running into this problem, again and again, try all the solutions given in this guide. By the end of this article, your Blink camera starts working again.
1. Validate All The Cable Connections
One of the main reasons why your Blink Camera Not Detection could be related to power connection. It could be possible that you have not connected the power adapter to the wall outlet.
Or else, any of the connected cables are loose or needed to replace with another one. Verify each and everything properly.
2. Verify The Blink Motion Detection
Another main reason why your Blink Camera Not Recording could be related to motion detection. It may be possible that you have not enabled it yet and hence Blink Camera Connected but Not Working.
So, don’t think much and follow the below-given steps to enable motion detection:
- First, you have to open the “Blink Home Monitor App”.
- Choose “camera settings”.
- You will see the option of “motion detection”. Make sure that it is turned ON.
- Soon after you will make motion detection enabled, you will need to arm your system.
- Your system may take some time to start recording again.
Let us tell you that, you would only need to arm your system when you are not at home. Once the system will be armed completely, now you just need to allow the system to send you notifications:
- Open the “settings” app.
- Select the “notification center” or the “notification and status bar”.
- Choose “Blink”.
- Don’t forget to turn on the slider in front of “Show notifications”.
Check if still your Blink Camera Not Detection Motion or issue got fixed.
3. An Unknown Error Is Lurking
If you have enabled the motion detection and armed your system but still your Blink Indoor Camera is not working, an unknown error may be residing in your system.
In this case, you can try the below-given steps:
- Sign out from your Blink app and then sign in again.
- Now, restart your smartphone again.
- Don’t forget to turn off the DND mode. You can easily access the DND mode from the settings.
- From the play store or app store, update your Blink application.
- If still your Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion then uninstall the app and reinstall it again.
Even after uninstalling the app, if still your Blink Camera Motion Sensor Not Working, try the below-given steps.
- Open the app and then go to “battery”.
- Under the option of “power”, disabled the battery saver mode.
- Go to the battery option again and then choose “apps”.
- Click on “Blink apps”.
- In the setting, “No Restrictions” should be applied instead of “battery saver”.
4. Check The Sensitivity Settings
It’s not always that your Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion, but what happens is, you have set the sensitivity setting to low. This is why your system is not able to detect the moving heat properly.
This happens when someone has changed the settings by mistake or the default settings do not work.
To correct the sensitivity setting of the Blink camera, do follow the below-given steps:
- Open the Blink camera app from the smartphone and then open the “camera settings”.
- Go to the “motion detection” section and do locate the “sensitivity” slider.
- With the help of the slider, you can change the setting from low to high.
- Don’t forget to tap on “save” your current settings.
If you will set the sensitivity set too high, even your pet can able to trigger the alarm. On the other hand, if you will set the setting to low, your CCTV camera will not be able to detect even a single adult.
Keep changing the sensitivity setting until you will not get a desired alert notification.
Hence, you have to set the settings properly so that the issue of Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion will be fixed.
The issue of Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion is really very irritating. In this guide, we have discussed each and everything for how to fix when a Blink is not detecting motion. Hence, we hope that you have fixed the issue with the help of the steps given in this guide.