You may be noticed recently that your Blink Camera Blinking Red. Ahh! That’s a really tough task to fix sometimes.
In common, the red light on the Blink camera indicates that it is not connecting to the internet anymore.
Most of the time, this issue occurs while doing the Blink Camera Setup.
You don’t have to be worried as we are going to discuss all the perspectives on why Blink Camera Not Recording.
Are you with us?
Blink Camera Blinking Red Light Meaning
The Blink security camera is one of the best choices for Home security cameras. There could be several reasons behind the Red light that we are going to mention below:
1. Check The Internet Connectivity
The Blink Camera Blinking Red light means that the internet connectivity has been lost. Hence, you need to connect it to the internet for its proper working.
2. Blink Camera Setup
While doing the Blink Security Camera setup, the red light will appear initially. In a few seconds, the red light disappears and is replaced by the green light which then turns to solid blue.
3. Solid Red Light
If your Blink camera shows the red light and it is not flashing, you need to reset the camera. To press the reset button given on the camera, you would need a thin pin-like object.
Wait until the red light on the camera will turn green and then to a solid blue pattern. ‘
Even after trying the methods given above, still, your Blink Camera Not Working Red Light then call us on given Helpline numbers.
How To Fix When Blink Camera Not Recording In Indoor, Outdoor XT, XT2 Camera?
The mentioned models of the Blink cameras are completely wireless and run on the battery. If the Blink Camera Blinking Red light issue is persisting in these models, here are the troubleshooting methods.
1. Check Internet Connection
If you are using the Blink mini camera, the Blink Camera Not Recording means that it has not been connected to the internet.
Hence, you can fix the connection-related issue by the quick restraining process.
2. Restart The Router
If the router has stopped working properly, try to fix the connection issue via the restarting process.
Don’t worry, you just have to plug and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
3. Check the Batteries
The batteries that you have inserted inside the camera should be placed properly. Or else, it may be possible that the batteries need to be replaced with the new ones.
4. Move The Camera Near The Router
If the router and the camera both are working properly but still your Blink Camera Not Detecting Motion then move it near to the router.
Many times, we used to place the camera outside the connectivity range. This is why it sometimes blinks the red color light.
5. Power Recycle The Blink Camera
If you are confident enough that you have placed the camera close to the router and it still is not working. Do one thing, don’t think much and just power recycle the Blink security camera.
One of the easiest ways to do this is, turn off the camera, remove the power plug and take out the batteries. Don’t hurry, wait for at least 10-30 seconds and turn on the camera again.
How Do I Reset My Blink Camera?
If you have tried all the methods that have been mentioned above and still your Blink Camera Blinking Red color, you need to perform a hard reset.
When you hard reset any camera, it means that you have put the camera back to its original settings.
To perform a hard reset, you need to press the reset button located near the USB port. With the help of a paper clip or any other tiny object, press the reset button.
Don’t release the button until you will not see strong red light.
When the process will be completed, turn on the camera again to check if it has started recording or not.
How To Change The Network Of A Blink Security Camera?
If you want to change the network or the location to fix when Blink Camera Not Recording Clips, here are the steps.
- Open the Blink app and tap on the icon given at the bottom of the Blink application. When you will press the button, you will be taken to the page with pertinent information related to the sync module of the camera.
- On the sync module screen, you will see the option of “change wifi network”, click on it.
- When the next screen will be opened, you will see the message “before you begin, you will need”. In this section, you will see all the things that are necessary to change the module to new wifi.
- In this step, you either have to enter the serial number or with the help of your smartphone’s scanner, scan the code given there. Click on “continue”.
- You will now be asked to remove the power plug from the wall outlet. After doing that, wait for at least 30 seconds. You will then see a green light that will turn into a flashing blue one. In case you will not see any light, press the reset button given on the sync module to fix why Blink Camera Blinking Red.
- Next, you will be taken to the Blink app, choose the network that belongs to you. This is how you can easily connect to the internet.
At the end of this article, it can be said that Blink Camera Blinking Red color is directly linked to the internet. Hence, when you will see this color on your Blink camera, reboot the camera and the router.
After doing that, you have to check whether your internet is in working mode or offline.
Although, we have mentioned all the steps needed to troubleshoot Blink Camera Offline issues. In case you still need some kind of help then do call our experts.
We have our team of technicians who is always ready to fix any of these issues in a short time. Call us now and let us troubleshoot the issue.